Life’s Silhouetted Words

Life devoid of meaning
Bursting with feelings
Moments of blissful joy
Disturbed in night’s darkness
Consumed by doubt and fear
With the light of day
Hidden behind dark curtains drawn
I lay in the arms of my dear old friend
Not weak
Not strong
Merely existing
Reluctantly holding on
Will any of it ever make sense? I ask
Before I am gone?
Or perhaps my words
Will aid them on
Those who aren’t here yet?
Those who are not yet gone?
Or will they go unheard
Unread, unspoken, unsung
Left to rot and fade in the sun
Of my past pain
With no one to hold them
And nothing to gain
Life seeking meaning
Burdened and strained
As the cool moon
Hides behind clouds
It begins to rain
I close my eyes
And go to sleep again
And for now my words remain.


Listen to 'Life's Silhouetted Words' HERE